- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 fat cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T each of ground coriander and cumin
- 1-2 T chermoula or harissa paste
- 1kg butternut chunks
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup each of chopped mint and coriander
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Salt and pepper
Heat oil in a Le Creuset casserole. Fry onions and garlic until soft.
Add spices and paste and fry for a minute more.
Add butternut and stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
Puree soup with a stick blender.
Stir through lime juice and zest, herbs and yoghurt and season well.