Hot Smoked Salmon & Dill Parfait
- 325g hot smoked salmon
- 140g full-fat soft cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons powdered gelatine – dissolved in 4 teaspoons of hot water
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 baby gem lettuce – washed and broken into separate leaves
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes – halved
- 6-8 slices cucumber – halved
- Olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
- 2 lemons – cut into quarters
- A few sprigs of dill
- Rustic white bread – sliced thinly and toasted
Remove any skin and bones from the salmon and shred it into flakes.
Place the salmon, cream cheese, crème fraiche and lemon juice into a food processor and blend together until smooth.
Add the liquid gelatine, chopped dill, mustard, black pepper, paprika and pulse quickly for a couple of seconds to mix together.
Spoon the parfait into 6 – 8 ramekins and swirl the surface of each one with a spoon. Cover with cling film and chill for 2 hours.
Before serving, arrange the baby lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices in 6-8 separate ramekins or small dishes and dress with a little olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Decorate the ramekins of parfait with a sprig of dill and serve with the salad, a wedge of lemon and some thinly sliced toast.