Thai Red Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 20-30g Thai red curry paste (depending on taste)
- 1.5kg orange sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 butternut, peeled and cubed
- 1 – 2 litres chicken stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh coconut shavings
- Fresh red chilli, sliced
- Squeeze of lime juice to serve
Soften the onions, ginger and garlic in a Le Creuset 24cm Signature Round Casserole with olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the Thai red curry paste and fry for a further 3 – 5 minutes.
Add the sweet potatoes and butternut and ladle over enough warm chicken stock just to cover the vegetables. Leave to simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Season to taste and stir in the coconut cream.
Serve warm topped with fresh coriander, chilli, coconut shavings and a squeeze of lime juice.