Irish Whiskey Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Demerara sugar
- 200g crushed digestive biscuits
- 80g melted butter and extra to grease the dish
- 300g sweet dark chocolate, melted
- 300g cream cheese
- 100 ml Irish whisky cream liqueur
- 1 sachet powdered gelatine and 100ml hot water
- 300ml whipped double cream
- Physalis fruit to decorate
- Baking paper
Lightly grease the dish with a little butter and line the base with a circle of baking paper.
Mix the cocoa powder and sugar into the crushed biscuits, pour in the melted butter and combine.
Place the mixture into the flan dish and press flat, pushing the crumb up the sides to form the edge.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
Blend the cream cheese with the Irish cream liquor until smooth.
Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water and stir into the cream cheese mix.
Whisk in the whipped cream followed by the melted chocolate.
Pour the mixture into the set biscuit base, smooth over the top and chill for 2 hours.
Decorate the top with physalis fruit.