Savoury Corn Pudding
- 5 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 6 chanterelle mushrooms, halved lengthwise
- 6 chanterelles, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leaves, stripped from stem
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
In a large sauté pan, melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Lightly sauté the halved mushrooms and set them aside.
Add 3 Tbsp. of butter to pan and add corn, chopped mushrooms, minced shallot, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Sauté for 4 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cheese.
Combine corn mixture into egg mixture.
Fill 6 ramekins ¾ full with corn pudding mixture.
Place ramekins in a large baking pan and fill pan with water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until puddings are set and slightly puffy.
If desired, place under broiler flame for 2–3 minutes to brown tops. Let cool.
Garnish with chanterelle halves and tomatoes.