- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g prawns, shells removed
- 15cm piece of cucumber, halved lengthways and seeds discarded
- 2 avocados, peeled and pip removed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper
- 3 baby gem lettuces
- Small bunch of chives, finely chopped
For the sauce:
- 100ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco, to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
First make the sauce: whisk the mayonnaise in a bowl and then mix in the other ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Add the oil to a large frying pan and heat over a medium-high heat. Fry the prawns until pink all over and cooked through.
Slice the cucumber. Finely slice the avocado and toss in the lemon juice.
Toss the cooked prawns in the mayonnaise sauce. Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper. Serve with gem lettuce leaves, cucumber and avo arranged on four plates and sprinkled with the chopped chives.