Brazilian Breakfast Cake
- 250ml whole milk
- 397g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 30g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut (optional)
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Icing sugar for decoration
Pre-heat oven to 180ºC / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
In a food processor or blender mix all the wet ingredients together (milk, condensed milk, butter and eggs).
Then add all the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, coconut and cheese) and blend for 30 seconds.
Transfer to a greased shallow casserole, or a baking dish, and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
Allow the cake to cool, carefully remove from the casserole or baking dish, then decorate it with sieved icing sugar.