Watermelon and Roast Tomato Gazpacho
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 Tbsps. olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1/2 red onion, cubed
- 1 small red pepper, seeds removed and cubed
- 2-3 cups watermelon, seeds removed and cubed
- Half a cucumber, cubed
- 1 chilli or 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 4 – 6 Tbsps. red wine vinegar, to taste
- Mini cucumbers, sliced to serve
- Fennel shavings, to serve
- Micro herbs, to serve
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Add the tomatoes, garlic, caster sugar, a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning to the Le Creuset Fleur Signature Saucepan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes until they soften slightly. Remove from the oven and add the tomatoes to a blender.
Blend with the onion, red pepper, watermelon and cucumber until smooth. Then add chilli or hot sauce with vinegar and seasoning to taste.
Pour back into the saucier pan. This gazpacho can be served as is at room temperature or heated slightly before taking to the table. Top with fennel shavings, sliced mini cucumber, micro herbs, cubed watermelon and a drizzle of olive oil with cracked black pepper.