- 4 chicken breast pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400ml can coconut cream, using 250ml for the rice and 150ml for the dressing
- 200g sugar snap peas, sliced lengthwise
- 2 large carrots, grated
- Few sprigs coriander for garnish
Coconut Lime Dressing:
- 150ml reserved coconut cream (see above)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Salt and black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
Place the chicken in a roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and season well. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
In the meantime, make the dressing: in a bowl, mix together 150ml of the coconut cream with the remaining dressing ingredients.
Combine the rice, chicken stock and 250ml of the coconut cream in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and allow to stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Cut the cooked chicken into cubes, discarding the skin and bones.
Turn the warm rice into a large serving bowl and stir in the chicken, sugar snap peas, grated carrot and dressing. Season to taste. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving garnished with fresh coriander sprigs.