Vegetable, Pistachio and Black Pepper Curry
- 500g peeled butternut squash, cut into 1 inch thick x 2 inch long chunks
- 150g baby corn
- 300g Tenderstem broccoli, thicker stems halved lenthways
- 2 medium sized onions, roughly chopped
- 100g whole pistachios
- 50g fresh coriander, including stalks
- 6 green cardamom pods, crushed and black seeds retained, husks discarded
- 2 long red chillies
- 3 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 fat garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of coarse black pepper
- Sea salt
- Vegetable oil
Add the vegetable oil to the casserole, just enough to coat the base, and heat gently over a low to medium heat.
In a blender, blitz the coriander, cardamom seeds, chillies, ginger, garlic and pistachios together with enough water to generously cover them all and blend until the mixture is evenly green and smooth.
Gently fry the onions in the casserole until softened and slightly golden then add the butternut squash and stir-fry for a minute before adding the black pepper. Pour in the pistachio curry paste and stir, then add enough room-temperature water into the pan to just about cover the ingredients. Season generously with salt to taste and reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Check and adjust seasoning, if desired, then add the baby corn and broccoli and stir carefully. Cook for a further 10-12 minutes or until the corn and broccoli are cooked to your liking.
Serve with rice, naan or flatbread.