The New Prawn Cocktail
For the coconut-fried prawns:
- 12 tiger prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 30g flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil, to shallow fry
For the mini cocottes:
- ¼ of a watermelon, balled
- ½ of a sweet melon, balled
- 6 Baby cucumbers (4 sliced and 2 shaved into ribbons)
- Limes, to squeeze
- Japanese mayo, to serve
- Black sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Micro herbs, to serve
Season the flour with salt, pepper and paprika, then dust over the prawns. Combine the coconut and panko crumbs and season. Dip the prawns into beaten egg and coat in the crumb mixture to create a crust.
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the prawns in batches for about 1 – 2 minutes on each side, until lightly golden and cooked through.
Divide the watermelon balls, sweet melon balls, cucumber slices and ribbons between six Le Creuset 10cm Mini Cocottes. Squeeze over a little lime juice, then top with three prawns. Drizzle with Japanese mayo and garnish with black sesame seeds and micro herbs. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.