The New Fish Stew
- 2 Tbsp harissa red pepper paste
- 1 x 400g can of cherry tomatoes, reserve the can
- 1–2 cups vegetable or fish stock
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup double thick plain yoghurt
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 x 400g can cannellini white beans, drained but not rinsed (this helps naturally thicken the stew)
- 300g kingklip or other firm white fish
- 100g half-shelled steamed mussels, optional
- Toasted baguette or ciabatta, to serve
- Paprika oil, to serve (optional)
- Flat-leaf Italian parsley, to garnish (optional)
Preheat the Le Creuset Cocotte Every for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat.
Add the harissa paste to the cocotte with 1 Tbsp olive oil for a minute or two until fragrant. Add the canned tomatoes. Fill the same can with the stock and stir to obtain all of the flavour from the can, then add to the cocotte, season and cover with the lid. Simmer for 15 minutes before stirring in the yoghurt and beans. Cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Just before serving, add bite-sized cubes of fish to poach for 5-8 minutes along with the mussels. Season and serve as is with toasted baguette or ciabatta. Drizzle over a little paprika oil if you like with a few leaves of parsley to garnish.