Sunshine Mylk (Turmeric Latte)
For the Mylk:
- 1 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 cups filtered water (if you are using a milk alternative, e.g. almond milk, use 3 cups)
For the Sunshine:
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 5 majool dates
Add all the ingredients plus the coconut butter and dates to a high-speed blender, to macerate the seeds. Once it is all combined add it to a saucepan. If you are using almond milk then add the almond milk, coconut butter, and dates.
Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Serve immediately.
If you would like to store the mylk it will keep for 3 days in the fridge. Separation is normal as the fiber is in the mylk.
Image and recipe courtesy of The Truffle Journal.