Stir-Fry with Sesame-Seared Tuna
- 800g sushi-grade fresh tuna, halved
- 100g black and white sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 340g egg noodles, cooked
- 400g shelled edamame beans, blanched
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 200g baby spinach
- 150g tenderstem broccoli, blanched
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 red chillies, sliced to serve
- 4 spring onions, sliced
For the dressing, combine:
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp. Indonesian soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. ponzu sauce
Pat the sesame seeds onto the sides of the raw tuna to create a sesame crust.
Heat the olive oil and sear the tuna on all sides in the Le Creuset 30cm Non-Stick Mediterranean Casserole, until lightly golden on the outside but still rare in the centre. Remove from the heat to rest.
Add half of the dressing to the casserole and toss through the cooked egg noodles, 200g of shelled edamame beans and coriander.
Serve the noodles warm in the casserole and top with baby spinach, tenderstem broccoli, red onion, avocado, chillies, spring onion and sliced tuna. Drizzle with the reserved dressing just before eating.