Sticky Chilli Chicken with Toasted Sesame Seeds and Spring Onions
- 600g chicken breast, cut widthways into 1cm thick strips, then lengthways into two strips
- 1 level teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons of rose harissa
- 4 tablespoons of clear honey (or more, if desired)
- 4 whole spring onions, thinly sliced including green part
- 15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, lightly dry-toasted in a pan
- 1 teaspoon of Nigella seeds
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add enough vegetable oil to coat the inside of the wok generously and heat on a low to medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken strips and stir-fry browning the edges quickly. Remove and drain the excess oil from the chicken on a plate lined with two sheets of kitchen roll. Do not fully cook the chicken as it will still need to be cooked with the glaze shortly.
Empty any remaining oil from the wok, add the chicken back in along with the harissa, cinnamon, honey and a generous amount of salt and pepper and stir-fry well until the chicken is evenly coated in the mixture. Adjust honey, harissa and seasoning quantities as desired.
Serve scattered with sesame and Nigella seeds, coriander and spring onions.