Spinach, Feta & Basil Omelette
- 200g baby spinach, washed
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons crumbed feta cheese
- handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
for the omelette
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for cooking
To make the spinach filling, steam the spinach until cooked then drain and chop finely.
Combine with the creme fraiche, feta cheese and basil then season with lemon, salt and pepper. Set aside.
To cook the omelette, heat the pan over medium-high heat.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and salt.
Add the oil to the pan then pour in half of the egg mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the omelette has set at the bottom then add the spinach and fold over. Allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes then remove from the pan. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh basil.
Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh basil.
Recipe and image courtesy of Alida Ryder.