Shakshuka with Kale and Halloumi
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g canned cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin, toasted
- 1 tsp ground coriander, toasted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 jumbo free-range eggs
- 200g halloumi, sliced and grilled
- 6 – 8 kale leaves, stems removed
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Add the garlic and onion to olive oil in a Le Creuset 26cm Signature Skillet and fry for 5 minutes on a low heat to soften. Add the canned cherry tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, coriander, paprika and seasoning, then bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the red wine vinegar and season again to taste.
Turn the heat to low and make 4 small wells in the sauce. Fill each well with kale and carefully break each of the eggs into the wells. Tuck in the grilled halloumi slices.
Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the eggs are set and serve.