Seared Teriyaki Salmon with Stir Fried Vegetables and Noodles
- 500g salmon fillet, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Vegetable and noodle stir fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 50g root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion cut into fine slices
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 100g sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 200g finely shredded baby spring greens, blanched in hot water for 2 minutes
- 400g fresh egg noodles
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce*
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 spring onions
Curled Spring Onion Topping
Cut the spring onions length-ways and repeat until you have fine ribbons.
Place the shredded onions into a bowl of cold water and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
Cut the salmon fillet into four pieces place into a dish and coat with the teriyaki sauce on both sides.
Cover with cling-film and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
Drain any excess teriyaki sauce from the salmon.
Heat the vegetable oil in the casserole on the hob over a medium heat. Sear the salmon on both sides for about 4 minutes until crisp and well coloured but still pink in the middle.
Place the fish into a dish and keep warm. Do not cover or the steam will make the outside of the fish lose its crispness.
Wash out the casserole.
Vegetable and Noodle Stir Fry
Add the vegetable and sesame oils, together, to the casserole. Place on the hob over a medium heat.
Add the onion, chopped ginger and garlic and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add the peppers and mushrooms, continue to cook for a couple of minutes more.
Stir in the blanched shredded greens, cooked noodles, chilli flakes, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds and continue to stir-fry until heated through.
Break up the warm seared salmon into large chunks and place on the top of the vegetables and noodles.
Drain the spring onions and dry on some kitchen paper.
Arrange the curled spring onions on top of the salmon and serve.