Sausage and Bean Casserole
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely sliced
- 2 thick quality sausages
- approximately 140g total weight
- ½ green pepper cut into 2 cm dice
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 150g canned mixed beans
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 80ml (1/3 cup) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat on the hob.
Add the sliced onion and stir fry until lightly browned.
Transfer the onions to the casserole.
Add the sausages to the hot frying pan and cook on all sides until nicely browned.
Add the remaining ingredients to the frying pan, stir and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
Transfer the contents of the frying pan to the casserole, place the lid on and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Before serving stir in the freshly chopped parsley.