Prawn and Fennel Pasta Salad
- 500g penne, cooked and drained
- 250g prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced (reserve the fronds)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- juice and zest of 1-2 lemons, depending on preference
- 100ml cream
- salt & pepper to taste
Place the fennel, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
In a large pan, flash-fry the prawns in a splash of oil until they are plump and pink. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
Toss the cooked and cooled pasta with the prawns, marinated fennel and onion.
Make the dressing by whisking together the ingredients and pour over the salad.
Toss to combine and then serve topped with fennel fronds.
Recipe and image courtesy of Alida Ryder.