Potato Gnocchi with Basil, Parma Ham and Parmesan Sauce
- 500g (1 packet) potato gnocchi
- 15ml butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 30g Parma ham, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 250ml water
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 15ml fresh cream
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Freshly milled black pepper, to taste
- 30ml Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 15ml Mozzarella cheese, grated
Spray four ramekins with non-stick kitchen spray.
Prepare the gnocchi according to the instructions on the packet. Set aside.
In a saucepan, heat butter and sauté onion and green pepper until soft.
Add Parma ham, tomatoes and paste and stir until blended in.
Add water, stock cube, cream and let it cook for a few minutes.
Add the prepared gnocchi, basil leaves and season with black pepper.
Ladle into the ramekins, sprinkle with a combination of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes.
Allow to cool down for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Nederburg.