- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 red pepper, seeded (cut into 2,5 cm pieces)
- 1 green pepper, seeded (cut into 2,5 cm pieces)
- 250g pork fillet (cut into 1,5 cm pieces)
- ½ teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 110g canned pineapples
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp of mustard
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
In a Le Creuset 22cm Buffet Casserole, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion (cut into pieces), carrot and celery. Cook and stir occasionally. Add the peppers and cook for about 2 minutes.
Remove the vegetables from the casserole and keep aside. Sear the pork pieces, and once browned stir in the reserved vegetables.
Keep aside 100ml of the pineapple juice from the canned pineapples. Mix it with the hot pepper sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, honey and mustard. Pour onto the meat and vegetable mixture and then add the pineapple (cut into cubes). Stir and season.
Cover and place in the oven at 150°C for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half.