Pink Berry Summer Sundaes
- 250g strawberries
- 4 Tbsp icing sugar
- 4 large stroopwafels
- 4 mini stroopwafels
- 160g white chocolate, melted
- Pink shimmer food colouring powder, to dust
- Pink shimmer edible balls, to dust
- 1 Litre berry sorbet
- 1 Litre vanilla ice cream
- 1 Litre strawberry ice cream
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Remove the leaves from the strawberries and arrange on a baking tray. Dust generously with the icing sugar and roast in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until they are glossy, some of their natural juices and sugar have released, and they are just tender but have not collapsed.
Dip the stroopwafels in white melted chocolate and decorate with pink shimmer balls or a dusting of food colouring powder, then place in the freezer to set.
When ready to serve, fill each Le Creuset Metallics 350ml mug with 1 scoop of each of the ice-creams and sorbet, dig in your decorated stroopwafels and add a few roasted strawberries. Pour over a little more melted white chocolate (optional) and enjoy.
How to build a sundae:
- Ice cream – three scoops always makes for a ‘wow’ factor. Ensure each one is a different flavour to keep your palate interested. You could even try frozen yoghurt.
- Crunch and height – think stroopwafels or wafers, even an upside-down wafer cone.
- Fruity twist – roasted strawberries are juicy, sweet and the perfect contrast to the ice cream. Try grilled pineapple, sticky caramelised banana or poached/canned peaches.
- Dress to impress – be generous with sprinkles, chocolate flakes, pouring melted chocolate or toasted nuts to serve.