- 180ml (¾ cup) double cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g (¼ cup) light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g melted dark chocolate (70 % solids)
- 50ml (¼ cup) espresso coffee
- 100ml (½ cup) double cream whipped
- A few chocolate coated coffee beans
- 4 small sprigs fresh mint
- 50g fresh raspberries
- 4 almond and chocolate biscotti biscuits
Oven: 150°C / 300°F / Gas Mark 2, Fan oven: 130°C
Place the chocolate in a small bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and leave to melt.
Heat the cream in a saucepan to boiling point and remove away from the heat.
Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl until a creamy texture is achieved.
Whisk in the hot cream a little at a time. Once all the cream has been incorporated strain the mixture through a sieve into a clean bowl. Whisk the melted chocolate followed by the coffee into the cream mixture and pour into the
espresso mugs, filling to the top.
Add enough water to a deep baking dish to make a depth of about 2 cm, place the filled mugs into the dish. The water should come approximately 1/3 of the way up the sides of the mugs. Carefully place the filled dish into the oven and
cook for 30 minutes.
Allow the pots to cool before chilling for 2 hours.
Decorate each pot with a spoon of whipped cream, a chocolate coffee bean and a sprig of fresh mint. Serve with some fresh raspberries and biscotti biscuit.