- 700g Lamb knuckles (about 8 pieces)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Micro herbs for garnish
For the XO sauce:
- 64 g (1/2 cup) light soy sauce (dark soy sauce will be too overbearing)
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 70ml ginger, fresh, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- Black pepper & salt to taste
Marinade the lamb for about 45 minutes, not longer.
Heat up a Le Creuset Signature Oval Casserole, add the oil and garlic, and pan-fry the lamb in hot oil until golden on both sides.
Add in the XO sauce and mix well with lamb, then lower the heat and let the dish simmer gently for about 5 minutes, allowing a bit of the sauce to be absorbed. Make sure the lid is firmly closed.
Transfer to a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 2 hours until lamb falls off the bone.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately with a side of mash potatoes.
Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Nti.