- ½ ciabatta
- 30ml olive oil
- Maldon salt
- 200g baby butter lettuce, washed
- 70g red salad, sliced at an angle
- ½ cucumber, cut in half lengthways and sliced into half-moons
- 20g parmesan, sliced with a peeler
- 10g micro rocket
- 10g parsley
- Black pepper
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dress
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Tear the ciabatta into bite size chunks and brown it in the olive oil. Once brown remove it from the heat and drain on kitchen paper. Season with maldon salt while still hot and then allow to cool.
In a large Le Creuset salad bowl mix together the baby butter lettuce, the red salad onions and the cucumber.
Spread the croutons and the parmesan cheese on top and garnish with the micro rocket and parsley. Season well with Maldon salt and cracked black pepper.
Dress just before serving with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or have olive oil and balsamic vinegar on table for everyone to dress their own.