- 4 shots of espresso coffee made up to 400ml with water Or 400ml filter coffee
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon good quality chocolate powder
- 2 tablespoons brandy – optional
- 100ml whipped double cream
- Small block of dark chocolate to grate over
- 4 ready-made chocolate wafer biscuits
Place the mugs into the refrigerator to chill.
Gently heat the coffee, sugar, vanilla and chocolate powder together in a small saucepan. Once all the sugar has dissolved, pour the mixtures in to a medium sized shallow roasting dish or plastic container and allow to cool before placing into the freezer.
After 1 – 1 ¼ hours stir the contents well with a fork to break up the crystal formation and return the dish to the freezer. Repeat this process twice more.
Before serving stir the mixture once more. Spoon into the chilled mugs; add a small splash of brandy if desired before topping with a spoon of whipped cream and some grated chocolate.
Serve with a chocolate wafer biscuit.