for the hollandaise
- 3 extra-large, free-range egg yolks
- juice of 1/2 lemon (approximately 2 tbsp)
- 1 cup melted butter
- pinch of salt
For the Eggs Benedict
- 4 eggs poached, using Le Creuset egg poacher
- 2 English muffins, halved and toasted
- 8 strips of streaky bacon, cooked to your preference
- handful wild rocket leaves
For the hollandaise, place the egg yolks and lemon juice in a tall container and with a hand blender, whizz until well combined.
Slowly pour in the melted butter whilst continuously blending. Move the hand blender up and down to introduce some air and to make sure the butter is getting incorporated thoroughly and to ensure the egg is emulsified.
When all the butter has been added and the hollandaise is thick, taste for seasoning and adjust. You could also make this in a food processor but the end result won’t be as thick and luscious as with a hand blender.
To serve, place the toasted muffins on a serving plate then top with the bacon, rocket and poached eggs.
Serve the hollandaise in a jug alongside.
Recipe and image courtesy of Alida Ryder.