Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400g mixed mushrooms, reserving a few
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Truffle oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Black and white sesame seeds, to sprinkle (optional)
Melt the butter in a Le Creuset 24cm Signature Round Casserole over a low heat and gently sauté the leeks and garlic until soft.
Chop the mushrooms roughly. Add to the leeks and cook on a high heat for 3 minutes. Pour in the stock and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes.
Transfer to a blender and blitz in batches until creamy.
Warm the cream slightly and add to the puréed mushroom soup. Season and heat through.
Serve with some of the extra mushrooms that have been fried, along with a drizzle of truffle oil.