- 500g butternut, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 250g leeks, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 750ml cream
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed to a paste with 4 tsp cold water
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 190˚C.
Toss together the butternut, leeks and onion in a rectangular Heritage dish. Combine the cream, cornflour paste, thyme and nutmeg, and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour the cream mixture over the vegetables and bake in the oven for about 45–50 minutes or until the butternut is soft and the cream is thick. Season well and serve.