Cod en Papillote with Thai Green Curry
- 1 pack of Thai green curry paste
- 3 tsp yellow curry powder
- Soy sauce
- Vietnamese fish sauce
- Brown sugar
- 3 tins of coconut milk
- 10 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 3 sprigs of dill, chopped
- 400g cod, cut into 4 large pieces
- 4 banana leaves or parchment paper
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 4 Thai eggplants (can be substituted for regular aubergine)
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
First, make a marinade for the cod. In a bowl, mix ½ tsp Thai green curry paste with 1 tsp yellow curry powder, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1 Tbsp. coconut milk. Sprinkle in the chopped basil and dill. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Brush the cod with the marinade and wrap each portion in its own banana leaf, securing with bamboo strips. Parchment paper can be used as an alternative.
In a Le Creuset Signature Round Casserole, heat 6 Tbsp. of coconut milk over a medium heat for a few seconds, then add the shallots and garlic. Add 1 tsp Thai green curry paste and 2 tsp yellow curry powder until the mixture begins to colour.
Add two tins of coconut milk and the Kaffir lime leaves. Season with 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. fish sauce, and 1 Tbsp. brown sugar.
Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes then add all the vegetables.
Place the lid on the casserole and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
As soon as the vegetables become tender, place the wrapped parcels of cod in the casserole and replace the lid. Steam the fish for about 8 minutes, the serve with the curry.