Clams with Chorizo and Cannellini Beans
- 10ml olive oil
- Approx. 140g fresh chorizo sausage, cut into large chunks
- 750g clams, in their shells, rinsed thoroughly. Discard any that are open before cooking and any that remain closed after cooking.
- 200ml dry white wine
- 300g cooked/tinned white beans, preferably cannellini
- A handful of fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 large slices sourdough toast rubbed with cut garlic and drizzled with oil
- A pinch of smoked paprika
Add the oil to the pan and heat gently over a low to medium heat.
Gently fry the chorizo until it begins to colour and release its lovely oils. Add the clams, stir once, gently, then add the wine.
Place the lid on top and leave to cook for three minutes before adding the beans and cooking for a further minute or until they are heated through.
Remove the pan from the heat and discard any unopened clams.
Sprinkle over the chopped parsley, paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Either serve directly from the Mediterranean Casserole at the table or transfer to individual serving bowls. Serve with the garlic sourdough toast.