Chocolate Hazelnut Granola
- 1 ½ cups coconut sugar
- ½ cup honey/agave nectar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ½ cup oat flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- ¾ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- ½ cup whole roasted hazelnuts
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 150ºC and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
In a saucepan combine the coconut sugar, honey/agave nectar, coconut oil, vanilla and cocoa powder over medium heat.
Allow the mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine the oats, oat flour and hazelnuts. Stir in the cocoa syrup and mix until all the ingredients are properly coated.
Spread the granola mixture out onto a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring the mixture every 15 minutes to prevent it from burning.
Remove the granola from the oven and allow it to cool.
Add the chocolate chips and store in an airtight container.
Image and recipe courtesy of Baking Ginger.