- 700g chicken pieces on the bone
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika powder
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200ml cold water
- 500g mixed root vegetables: Jerusalem artichoke, purple carrots, swede, yellow baby turnips, white baby turnips, parsnip…
- ½ bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
Peel and finely chop the shallots and garlic. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the tagine base and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes over low heat until light brown.
Add the chicken pieces and sauté them for 10 minutes while stirring. Stir in the paprika powder, bay leaves, oregano, rosemary, lemon juice and 200ml water. Season with salt and pepper, place the lid on and cook the chicken for 1 hour over a very low heat.
In the meantime, clean peel and cut the root vegetables into equal sized pieces. Mince the parsley finely.
After 1 hour, spread the vegetables over the chicken in the tagine, sprinkle the parsley over the dish and mix everything well. Replace the lid on the tagine and cook for 50 more minutes.