- 15ml butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 3- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 250g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 150ml fresh cream
- 150ml full cream milk
- 10ml chicken stock powder / 1 chicken stock cube
- 15ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 packet lasagna sheets
- 30ml Gouda cheese, for sprinkling
- 30ml Mozzarella cheese, for sprinkling
In a saucepan, heat butter and sauté onion until translucent.
Add the chopped peppers and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
Add chicken breasts, mushrooms and continue to cook stirring continuously for another 2 minutes.
Add cream, milk and stock. Stir until blended and allow to cook for a further minute. Add parsley.
Pre-cook lasagna sheets according to the instructions on the packet.
Grease six ramekins with butter.
Cut each lasagna sheet in half to form a square and place one square at the bottom of a greased ramekin.
Layer with cooked chicken followed with another lasagna sheet square then the chicken mixture.
Sprinkle with a combination of Gouda and Mozzarella cheese.
Set aside for about 30 minutes.
Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool down for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Nederburg.