Cheesy Broccoli and Radish Bake
Give broccoli grown-up glamour and sophistication by combining it with the gentle bite of radish and heftier kick of jalapeno chillies. A perfect and rich companion for grilled steak or roasted fillet, this cheesy broccoli and radish bake should be made in individual ramekins for elegant table presentation.
- 45ml butter, melted
- 300g broccoli florets, stems removed
- 200g radish, sliced
- 750ml full cream milk
- 60ml cornstarch
- 10ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 15ml jalapeno slices, finely chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube / 10ml chicken stock powder
- 30ml Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 30ml Gouda cheese, grated
- A pinch of white pepper, to taste
- Freshly milled black, to taste
- 45-60ml Gouda cheese, for sprinkling
Spray six ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
In a saucepan, heat butter and sauté broccoli and radish. Cook for about 3 minutes stirring continuously.
In a measuring jug or bowl, whisk together the milk and cornstarch.
Pour the milk mixture into the vegetables, mix until the mixture starts to boil.
Add thyme, jalapeno, stock and cheese. Mix and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
Ladle the cooked broccoli into sprayed ramekins.
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
Serve as a side dish with juicy steak.
Recipe courtesy of Nederburg.