- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 600g smoked sausages, cut into large pieces
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 800g waxy potatoes cut into quarters, lengthways
- 500-600ml good chicken stock
- 200g kale, washed, tough stems removed and cut into 1cm shreds
- Salt and pepper
Heat the oil in the casserole on a medium heat setting, add the sausages, seal and cook for 3-4 minutes until caramelised. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the shallots and garlic to the remaining oil in the casserole and fry gently for 5 minutes. Add the white wine vinegar and cook for a further minute.
Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
Return the sausages to the casserole, along with any resting juices and the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are cooked. Stir the potatoes to break up a little in the stew.
Finally add the kale and cook for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.