- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter to grease the baking dish
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed Granny Smith apples (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups leeks, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Butter the baking dish.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, nutmeg, black pepper and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
Stir the squash, apples and leeks into the liquid mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of Parmesan.
Bake on a middle rack in the oven for about 75 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the squash is tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.