- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1ml) salt
- 1 3/4 cups (425 ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) butter, melted, divided
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- ½ cup (125ml) blueberries
- ½ cup (125ml) raspberries
- 1 cup (250ml) maple syrup
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk buttermilk, egg, half of the butter and vanilla; pour over dry ingredients. Gently, whisk until combined but still slightly lumpy.
Heat a large nonstick frying pan; lightly brush with some of the butter. Pour batter, scant ¼ cup (60ml) at a time, into the pan; spread slightly to form pancakes.
Cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2- 5 minutes. Flip and cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer to baking sheet; cover and keep warm.
Serve with blueberries, raspberries, and maple syrup.