- 125g (4 oz.) digestives or sweet oat biscuits
- 25g (2 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Bonne Maman Blackcurrant conserve
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 125ml (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- 2 level teaspoons icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g (8 oz.) frozen mixed summer berry fruits *
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cassis blackcurrant liqueur
- Few tiny sprigs fresh mint or rosemary leaves
* frozen berry fruits are available all year round, but fresh fruits can be used when available. Use 200g (7 oz.) of mixed fresh fruits.
Thaw the frozen berries and discard the juice they give out.
Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs and mix with the melted butter. Divide this crumbly mixture between the four petite casseroles, pressing the crumbs down lightly. Chill for 15 minutes
When they have chilled put a little of the conserve into each dish and spread it over the biscuit crumbs. Beat together all the ingredients for the filling until it is smooth. Spoon the filling over the conserve dividing it evenly between the dishes and levelling the tops. Cover each with cling wrap and chill again.
Put the berry fruits, icing sugar and cassis into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring, then simmer without stirring, for one minute. Remove from the heat and cool until required.
Just before serving, spoon a little of the fruits and cassis syrup over the top of the mascarpone filling.