Beetroot Quinoa with Pea Falafels
For the pea falafels:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 250g green peas, cooked
- 10g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 free-range egg
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 100g feta, roughly crumbled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the beetroot quinoa:
- 400g quinoa
- 1 raw beetroot, grated
- Roasted butternut, to serve
- Blanched sugar snap peas, to serve
- Mixed sprouts, to serve
- Fresh leaves, to serve
- Celery, to serve
- Soft-boiled eggs, to serve
- Raw sliced beetroot, to serve
To make the pea falafels, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a Le Creuset 22cm Signature Round Casserole over a medium heat. Soften the onion, chilli, and cumin and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the mixture into a food processor, then add the peas, parsley, egg, breadcrumbs and feta. Blitz to create a coarse paste. Season to taste. Working with slightly damp hands, shape the mixture into bite-sized falafel balls. In the same casserole, fry the falafel balls in the reserved 1 Tbsp. olive oil until golden on each side. Set aside.
Cook the quinoa in the casserole and drain any excess water once cooked. Squeeze in the juice of a raw grated beetroot to stain the quinoa a beautiful pink colour.
Serve warm in the casserole alongside bowls filled with various toppings, including the pea falafels.