- 3 large aubergines
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
Chop the aubergines into 4-5cm (1½-2inch) pieces. Heat the olive oil in the casserole, add the chopped aubergine with the oregano. Stir well so that
all aubergine pieces are covered with oil. Stir-fry the aubergines over medium heat on all sides until brown.
Cut the onion into wedges, chop the garlic and add to the casserole. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add a little extra oil if the casserole gets too dry.
Add the capers and vinegar, place on the lid and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
Season with freshly ground pepper, salt and balsamic. Sprinkle with the extra virgin olive oil and serve with the chopped pistachios and Parmesan cheese.