Apple and Blackberry Crumble
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar / brown sugar
- 5-6 medium sized apples (peeled, cored and cubed)
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice / juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract / seeds from vanilla pod
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Combine flour, oats and coconut oil in a medium sized bowl. Using fingers, mix ingredients to create a breadcrumb consistency.
Add sugar and mix with spoon.
In a separate bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
Spoon apple filling into two small cocottes or one medium dish.
Spoon topping over apple blackberry mixture.
Bake for 35 minutes until apples have softened. Serve with coconut cream or ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of Cupcake Richard.