From the deep emerald green tones of new Kale to effortlessly elegant Wasabi, easy-on-the-eye Coastal Blue and oceanic Deep Teal, this palette combines the best shades of land and sea and is an uplifting mix that’s perfect for the season.
Kale is Le Creuset’s latest colour and like its superfood namesake, it’s sure to become a staple in health conscious and style-hungry cooks’ kitchens. Its deep green makes it the perfect foil for so many dishes – from plant-based specialities to curries and seafood.
• Ramp up the foliage focus and dress your table in complementary shades of green such as ferns or single Delicious Monster leaves.
• As in nature, green can be paired with virtually any colour, but Kale in particular is a powerful partner for other natural textures and tones – think slate and raw wood for contrast and visual interest.
Blue is an outstanding culinary companion, much loved by amateur and serious cooks alike – and the Coastal Blue and Deep Teal tones in the Food Unearthed Collection are no exception.
• Natural wood is a lovely match for Deep Teal – when setting the table, try using napkins in undyed slubby linens for a picture perfect, down-to-earth look.
• Coastal Blue conjures up images of holidays, sea, sky and the promise that summer days and delicious meals are on their way. Combine this classic shade with crisp white linen and tableware, and bring that endless summer feeling into your space by displaying a collection of Coastal Blue kitchen favourites on open kitchen shelves.
Thanks to its soothing and subtle hue, Wasabi is a classic must-have in the making. Team it with the brighter tones of the Food Unearthed Collection or keep things simple with plenty of other table and cookware in crisp white.
• Serve seasonal salads and colourful veggie dishes on a mix and match range of Wasabi and Kale stoneware – and take things into the 21st century with copper or gold accents, be it with tea light holders or metallic trimmed glassware.
• Stay true to Wasabi’s elegant Asian roots and team this pretty shade with spring blossoms in pink or white or both – a small branch from an apple or peach tree creates a beautiful, sculptural effect
Lovely to look at and so easy to pair with the freshest ingredients, the new Food Unearthed Collection is the perfect solution for cooks and hosts looking for new additions to their kitchens and tables. Visit your nearest Le Creuset Boutique Store to view the full range, or shop online at www.lecreuset.co.za, where we offer countrywide free delivery.